Although advertising in Spain is regulated by the General Advertising Act 34/1988, of 11th of November, at Babygest we consider that our commitment with patients and transparency require additional criteria to the ones established by this Act, hence that we have created this page to show our advertising policies in detail.
Advertisers shall not, under no circumstance, influence the editorial policy of our online magazine, having total freedom to remove their ads whenever they wish should they disagree with the contents published or spread by Babygest. It should be noted that this factor is crucial in order for our editorial contents to be rigorous and unbiased, as it is not affected by the funding sources.
The trustworthiness and reputation of our magazine is based, among other aspects, in the fact that we apply strict quality controls when it comes to accepting new advertisers. By no means will we allow ads that contain:
- Miracle or fraudulent treatments
- Offensive, discriminatory, or illegal content, or provisions that is not envisaged by law
- Medications or fertility products that do not comply with the European regulations
The following types of advertising are welcome:
- Licensed fertility clinics or facilities
- Pharmaceutics that sell fertility medications
- Non-profit organizations that are devoted to supporting or helping about fertility and surrogacy issues
- Legal experts, attorneys, or counselors in fertility and/or surrogacy issues
- Clothes, devices, complements, furniture, etc., useful for babies