Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Being a surrogate – would you do it?

Being a surrogate – would you do it?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Lucy1990</span>
    Lucy1990

Hey folks,

I have a child myself and luckily, I was never really in need of reproduction treatments. However, I do know several cases in which couples are infertile. I know a lovely couple, friends of mine, which had to ressort to surrogacy.

Now someone like me could offer herself as a surrogate mother, I surely would met all conditions. I also thought about it several times.

I have, however, dissmissed it because I wouldn’t feel emotionally prepared to undergo this process as it is very draining for both parties. My husband wouldn’t allow it either.

To those who consider being a surrogate- what are your reasons? Do you feel the simple need to help intended parents? Or is it more because of financial aspects? Would you really
    feel prepared to gestate a child and give it away after labor? How would you deal with it?

This topics makes me really curious and I would love to hear some insights!

09/11/2019 at 15:52
  2. Hi, thank you for startig this thread. I’m here on behalf of IP, not a surrogate. So will gladly share my opinion and experience in general. Firstly, it’s incredibly frustrating to me that surrogacy is banned in much of Europe. The United States, however, has no national regulation. The country has just a variety of state laws. Catholics are more likely to say that surrogacy ”promotes the exploitation of women and infertile couples and the dehumanization of babies. In short, it traffics for profit in human lives.” I truly cannot agree with it, that is the inner part of me thinks differently!
    Fortunately, hiring surrogates and purchasing sperm, eggs, or others’ leftover frozen embryos, have become accepted as choices on a menu of options. This is so called right of those who can afford it. This is all about the creation of a third, autonomous human being! Furthermore, surrogacy does not provide a sustainable income for the indigent and most surrogates claim their motive is not financial.
    Today, most surrogate births involve a process known as gestational surrogacy. This is the type of surrogacy where the carrier is impregnated with an already-fertilized egg. These children have the advantage of being genetically related to both parents.
    I used to hear now and then ”Why you’re doing all this? – Adopt instead!” And of course, adoption is promoted to help orphans and foster children. Adoption also provides some semblance of screening to protect the welfare of the children being transferred. Like in surrogacy. But I believe everyone has right to choose what’s better for him.
    Of course there are a lot of methods to try out before moving onto fertility treatments.
    Women can actually benefit from Yoga, balanced diet, and regulat active workout if they are ttc. Yoga can also cure some of minior male infertility issues. Besides the detox and de-stressing it also helped them beat-down the anxiety, depression tendencies. As well as reduce discomfort and pain during the gestation period. This should not be however, misinterpreted as only these measures can help when there’s an actual problem. In that case the clinical assistance plus any of these is perhaps the solution.
    The fact that surrogacy often takes several attempts is a financial consideration. Whether using a US clinic or one abroad, most couples choosing surrogacy as their choice for procreation can see multiple rounds of IVF fail before a surrogate successfully becoming pregnant. Gestational surrogacy makes it possible to harvest eggs from the mother, fertilize them with sperm from the father, and place the embryo into the uterus of a gestational surrogate. The surrogate then carries the baby until birth. She has no genetic ties to the child. That’s because it wasn’t her egg that was used. A gestational surrogate is called the “birth mother.” The biological mother, though, is still the woman whose egg was fertilized.
    Now the number of those desiring to recourse to the surrogate motherhood is growing. Married couples who can not have children on their own, go in search of surrogate mothers in other countries, where their interests are protected by law. For many families this way is the only chance to have their own child. We’re among those couples too.

09/13/2019 at 08:06
  3. Hey hey,

I wouldn’t see myself capable of doing it. Shoutout to all the strong women over there who undergo this extreme reproduction technique!!

09/23/2019 at 09:15
  4. I was a surrogate myself and I absolutely loved it!! I’m still in contact with my IP’s, a lovely homosexual couple from overseas *-*

10/21/2019 at 11:43
Leave a reply