Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Can a uterus grow back after hysterectomy?

Can a uterus grow back after hysterectomy?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Samantha L.</span>
    Samantha L.

Hello, I had my uterus removed 5 years ago and I’ve heard that in some cases when you remove parts of your reproductive system they can grow back. Is it true? If so, what are the chances for your uterus growing back?

12/12/2017 at 10:09
  2. Dear Samantha L.,

I’m afraid the uterus cannot grow back after being removed. Once removed, parts of the reproductive system cannot grow back. Pregnancy is no longer possible after undergoing hysterectomy.

I hope this helps,

Best

12/13/2017 at 10:19
  3. Hey Samantha! Hope you are doing fine. Well, I also had hysterectomy owing to cancer spread. Doctors declared me infertile and told me that I cannot able to conceive naturally. Then I opted for surrogacy as our last hope. We went to Europe because surrogacy banned in our country. Now our surrogate is going to birth twins babies soon. In my opinion after hysterectomy, you wouldn’t be able to conceive naturally again. Best wishes

08/22/2018 at 07:31
  4. Heyy! Well, NOOOOO! It can’t. My cousin sister had the hysterectomy a few years back. She couldn’t conceive due to it. She had to undergo surrogacy abroad. So, yeah! You can’t do anything related to conceive after that. So, yeah! I hope you understand. Stay blessed! Don’t lose hope! Best regards are with you. 🙂

08/24/2018 at 01:33
  5. Hello Samantha, there are only a few parts of our body that have the ability to regrow but, unfortunately, a uterus is not a part of them nor is the reproductive system. The liver can grow to its original size after a part of it is removed. Reproductive organs once removed are gone forever. And so you cannot carry your baby in your womb as it is no longer there. You will have to resort to other options like surrogacy.

08/28/2018 at 22:57
  6. I’m sorry but once the uterus is removed. It does not grow back and there is no possible chance for that women to be pregnant again.

01/05/2019 at 09:58
Leave a reply