Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Can IVF help me get pregnant if I have PCOS?
Menu

Can IVF help me get pregnant if I have PCOS?

• LydiaRusk
      LydiaRusk

Hello everyone!
      This is Lydia from the UK. Just joined the forum. Well, I’m suffering from PCOS. Can’t conceive naturally! Now, I have to opt for IVF. Things work that way. Let me know here. If anyone else is like a situation similar to me. Would love to hang out and discuss. All pieces of advice are welcome too.

08/10/2018 at 18:25
    • Hi Lydia,

hope you’re doing well. I’m also suffering from PCOS. I conceived via IVF, but it took me 6 cycles until I finally got pregnant. Finally, I’m a mother to a lovely baby boy. Just wanted to say don’t give up and hope for the best, always.

12/10/2019 at 09:42
    • Hi Lydia,

Yes, IVF can help to get pregnant if you have PCOS. It is widely known that fertility treatments can result in a greater likelihood of multiple pregnancies. Even Twins and triplets, however, these are more common with IVF, with the chance of multiple births increasing from 3% in natural conception to 33% with IVF treatment.

Infertility is a very common phenomenon, affecting around 1 in 6 couples. The causes of infertility are generally related to the woman 40% of the time and the man 40% of the time, with 20% resulting from a combination of both. Around 5% of infertile couples turn to IVF to help them conceive. There are also fertile people who pursue IVF for other reasons, e.g. same-sex couples, single women, those carrying a genetic disease, and those creating a savior sibling. This means that 1 in 50 babies are now born using IVF.

09/07/2020 at 05:48
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.