Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Can IVF help me get pregnant if I have PCOS?

Can IVF help me get pregnant if I have PCOS?

1. LydiaRusk
    LydiaRusk

Hello everyone!
    This is Lydia from the UK. Just joined the forum. Well, I’m suffering from PCOS. Can’t conceive naturally! Now, I have to opt for IVF. Things work that way. Let me know here. If anyone else is like a situation similar to me. Would love to hang out and discuss. All pieces of advice are welcome too.

08/10/2018 at 18:25
  2. Hi Lydia,

hope you’re doing well. I’m also suffering from PCOS. I conceived via IVF, but it took me 6 cycles until I finally got pregnant. Finally, I’m a mother to a lovely baby boy. Just wanted to say don’t give up and hope for the best, always.

12/10/2019 at 09:42
    • Hi, @Eda, I’m sorry to hear about your 6 failed cycles. Thought of this thing today. As humans we all need an answer for the failures we encounter. Why did a particular endeavor fail? If we get an answer for this, then we tend to have peace of mind, because we believe that we can achieve success the next time around if we can rectify what went wrong in the previous attempt. But when an IVF cycle fails unfortunately no one has an answer for the same – not even your doctor! You might have had a perfect cycle – lots of eggs, good fertilization rate, good quality embryos, excellent endometrium, easy embryo transfer – but no positive pregnancy test! On the other hand your friend might have had a very poor IVF cycle (with few eggs and poor quality embryos) and they might end up getting pregnant! IVF is like a gamble – which involves not only your money, but also your fragile baby dreams! The sad truth is that there is no logical explanation for the outcome of an IVF cycle – be it a success or a failure…

10/28/2020 at 08:46
  3. Hi Lydia,

Yes, IVF can help to get pregnant if you have PCOS. It is widely known that fertility treatments can result in a greater likelihood of multiple pregnancies. Even Twins and triplets, however, these are more common with IVF, with the chance of multiple births increasing from 3% in natural conception to 33% with IVF treatment.

Infertility is a very common phenomenon, affecting around 1 in 6 couples. The causes of infertility are generally related to the woman 40% of the time and the man 40% of the time, with 20% resulting from a combination of both. Around 5% of infertile couples turn to IVF to help them conceive. There are also fertile people who pursue IVF for other reasons, e.g. same-sex couples, single women, those carrying a genetic disease, and those creating a savior sibling. This means that 1 in 50 babies are now born using IVF.

09/07/2020 at 05:48
  4. OMG, I’m so sorry you’re facing this. PCOS is never easy to deal with, my sister suffers from it. (I was diagnosed on DOR years ago, so had to use donor egg IVF to conceive my baby#1).

My dr. advised these supplements for my sister when getting ready for the IVF cycle:
    Inositol – it helps to regulate menstruation, restore ovulation, decrease testosterone levels. This way improve fertility outcomes in women with PCOS.
    Research shows that inositols improve egg and embryo quality. Also, dr explained that most women with PCOS experience insulin resistance which may affect fertility. When insulin resistance occurs, the cells lose their ability to respond normally to insulin.
    Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) – is helpful in several ways. It’s beneficial for fertility. Plus it may improve glucose metabolism. Women taking CoQ10 along with clomiphene also had higher ovulation rates and higher pregnancy rates than those taking only clomiphene.
    Melatonin – helps to improve menstrual regularity. Melatonin enhances progesterone production in the follicle during ovulation which helps improve egg quality and fertility outcomes. Hope this helps.

Also, have a look onto the clinic’s site – There’s PLENTY of useful information. Good luck!

10/22/2020 at 13:14
  5. I don’t think there’s a set of some special tips on how to succeed after IVF shot#1. If there was any – we’d definitely opt for!! All in all, it took us 7 rounds of fertility treatments. All using own egg. This was a huge financial burden for both of us, also family and some close friends. We had to sell our big house with many empty rooms and buy a small flat in order to afford IVF treatments. As well as on previous testings, several fertility experts, as the case was really tough for them. So we wanted to get as many thoughts as possible on the point. Moreover, it’s a huge emotional burden. Not only woman suffers much she cannot conceive, but the man as well. It was hard to watch my dh to get disheartened over the process. He never showed this despair to me. Unfortunately, there’s no secret on how to make the first IVF cycle successful. Many women who’ve been through the treatments might say – It usually takes more than one shot. Even facing the 1st failure, they try to find some pros. For example, the body will get better adjusted to the medications up to the 2. round Or that Dr will investigate the possible reasons and do his best to eliminate them for the next round. Or that you’ll have even more time to continue working on yourself. At least you have more time to heal emotionally which is also crucial for the process. So our last successful try was performed through surrogacy, shot#1. This was our really last resort and our last investment in treatments.

10/28/2020 at 08:51
Leave a reply