Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Can I be a surrogate for my sister?

Can I be a surrogate for my sister?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">jessica elle</span>
    jessica elle

Hello darlings, i want to be my sister’s surrogate and just wanted to make sure that i will be allowed to do so… i don’t actually know how the process work and if she’ll be able to be considered the legal mother of the child. Pls, give me some guidance…

12/03/2017 at 14:09
  2. Dear jessica elle,

Yes, but it depends on the country where you are attempting to undergo surrogacy. In the United States, for example, the surrogate can be a family member or friend as long as the medical and psychological screening shows that she is capable of doing so. In the UK, in fact, the law recommends that it is a family member or close friend, given that it should be done 100% altruistically.

To learn more about the different types of surrogacy arrangements, check this out: What Are the Different Types of Surrogacy?

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

12/04/2017 at 16:27
  3. I think that nothing is wrong in this. If you will be the surrogate mother of your sister. Then at least she won’t be tense about anything. As some women feel insecure about a surrogate mother. Hope everything will be fine.

08/27/2018 at 19:28
  4. Hey, that’s perfectly fine. In fact, it’s so tempting. You would love to be helpful. This is such a generous act. nothing is wrong with it. You’re fertile and your sister isn’t. Just because you’re worried and scared doesn’t mean it can’t work. And definitely, your sister would be the biological mother of the baby. Just be careful about the clinic you visit. That’s very important. Go for it and best of Luck! You’re going to do an amazing job.

08/28/2018 at 18:56
  5. Hello. I hope you are doing well. This would be great. I have to say I’m proud of you for considering this. This shows how selfless you are. This made me really happy. In order to become a surrogate for your sister, you need to have a child of your own too. This will confirm that you are able to give birth to a healthy baby. This step is really important. You don’t want to talk any risks. You can find a good clinic for yourself. Make sure it is a reliable one. They will explain the whole procedure to you guys. They can take it from there. Good luck with it. Sending prayers your way.

08/29/2018 at 17:10
  6. This will depend on a number of things that you can be surrogate to your sister or not. I know many sisters who were surrogate for their family. I also know a mother who became a surrogate to carry her son’s baby in her womb. The thing is this depends upon a number of things. Like you will have to go through proper medical to testing. Then your physical health and condition will be checked to know whether you can hold a baby in your womb or not. The law in your country has also to do with this. Whether your country allows the practice of surrogacy or not? These are the main key points to be a surrogate. If you meet all the above requirements then you can be surrogate to your sister. Then you will have to look for a good clinic. The clinic is the most important thing. The good clinic can make your surrogacy journey so easy and quick. And similarly, a bad clinic can make it worst. I hope you will have got my points and you will be more clear about everything now. Wishing you and your sister very good luck.

09/30/2018 at 11:06
Leave a reply