Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Can a woman have a baby without a uterus?

Can a woman have a baby without a uterus?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Bianca</span>
    Bianca

Hello, I’m Bianca from Tucson AZ and I’ve MRKH…. I’m now 35 and my hubby and I are considering becoming parents. Due to my condition I’m aware that it’s not possible for me to carry a child, but do I have any chance? I want our children to be genetically ours and I can’t stand the idea of saying no to that opportunity in life. Do I have any chance???!!!

12/03/2017 at 12:02
  2. Dear Bianca,

For a woman to be able to carry a baby until birth, she needs to have a normal uterus. With the MRKH Syndrome, the affected woman is born without a uterus (i.e. it’s a congenital condition), so in this case surrogacy is a very good option. With surrogacy, another woman carries a baby for you until childbirth. The baby will be genetically yours, as your ovaries are normal and make eggs, as long as there’s no other infertility issue.

Get more information here: What Is Surrogacy & How Does It Work? – Everything You Should Know.

I hope this helps,

Best!

12/05/2017 at 09:31
  3. Hello there! Well, yes? I think there is an option like surrogacy or adoption. I think surrogacy is more relevant. My cousin sister had it last year abroad. Now, she is fine with a child. Stay blessed! I hope you find a way soon. 🙂

08/10/2018 at 18:28
  4. Hello Blanca, hope you are doing good. Well as far as I know, you must have a healthy uterus to carry a child. I too had this problem of unhealthy uterus.I did conceived twice but it ended up in being an ectopic pregnancy so I had to undergo abortions. Since then I have not conceived. It’s been 10 years of trying now. Doctors say my uterus is not hospitable enough. I know this feeling of having a biological child. I too am determined to have one. The only solution to my problem is gestational surrogacy.

08/12/2018 at 20:43
  5. hey Bianca, hope you are well.i’m very sad for you.i know you are very sad nowadays. it’s good to hear that you want to do so, nothing for you.to carry a baby is a very serious and sensitive issue. you must try for any treatment instead of being taking a risk. surrogacy is as normal as a normal pregnancy. you can select the traditional surrogacy if you want the baby to be genetically yours. baby will purely related to you. so don’t think about any doubt.just the birthplace will change. I know you are going touchy about your baby.but think and consult with any professional clinic. many good clinics are working for infertility treatments. so please don’t waste your time. hope you will get well soon with a cute baby.

08/15/2018 at 17:56
  6. Hey Bianca! I feel so sorry to hear about your infertility. But you don’t need to worry. There are alternatives available which help you out. Surrogacy is a blessing in disguise for those who cannot able to have children on their own. I am also an infertile person. I had hysterectomy owing to cancer spread due to which I wasn’t able to conceive. Then I opted for surrogacy and went to Europe because surrogacy is banned in our country. Now we are going to have twin baby dolls soon. Best wishes.

08/22/2018 at 07:27
  7. Well, so sorry for your difficulty dear. Stay strong! Yes! the suggestions are really comfortable for you. Don’t lose that way. Try undergoing surrogacy, my cousin sister also had it last year. As she wasn’t able to have a child due to Hysterectomy in past. So, yeah! I hope you conceive. Yes! Child will be yours at all. I hope you get things better. Baby dust towards you. 🙂

08/24/2018 at 01:37
  8. Hi, Bianca. I hope you’re alright. I think you stand a chance with surrogacy. You should definitely consider it. Good luck to you, honey. I hope this helps. My prayers are with you!

08/26/2018 at 15:33
  9. Bianca, you can always become a mom. You don’t need to worry. There are always some options available. You can always go for surrogacy. I think you can easily afford it. This gift is given to us by God in a different way. You should have a baby. No women personally wanted this emptiness. As you say that you want your children to yours genetically. Then do not ever think of adoption. Surrogacy can make this dream come true. I can notice the sadness in your tone. Even anyone can. Dear, you are strong than this. Stay put.

08/29/2018 at 12:31
  10. The answer is yes. You can have a baby. Even without having a uterus. The only difference would be that someone else will carry the child for you. Yes, as mentioned above as well, a surrogate will carry the baby. You can use your own eggs. They can be fertilized with the help of your husband. This will ensure a genetically yours baby. I would advise you to check on surrogacy laws in your country. See if you can get it within the country. Otherwise, you will have to travel. The charges are different in different countries. A lit is mentioned on this forum as well. You can get help from there. Good luck!

08/29/2018 at 13:15
  11. Yes, there are many infertility treatments are available nowadays. You should consult a good doctor and hope for the best.

01/01/2019 at 13:28
    • I’ll agree with you. There are many options nowadays to try. The thing is to get the problem nailed the sooner the better. Ladies may have a general physical exam, including a regular gynecological exam. Specific fertility tests may include: A blood test which measures hormone levels to determine whether you’re ovulating. Hysterosalpingography which evaluates the condition of your uterus and fallopian tubes. It also looks for blockages or other problems. Ovarian reserve testing helps determine the quality and quantity of the eggs available for ovulation. This approach often begins with hormone testing early in the menstrual cycle. Other hormone tests check levels of ovulatory hormones. As well as pituitary hormones that control reproductive processes. Pelvic ultrasound looks for uterine or fallopian tube disease.
      Men may have a general physical exam and some specific fertility tests including: Semen analysis. The Dr may ask for one or more semen specimens. A lab analyzes semen specimen. In some cases, sperm may be tested for in the urine. He may have a blood test to determine the level of testosterone and other male hormones. Genetic testing may be done to determine whether there’s a genetic defect causing infertility. In select cases, a testicular biopsy may be performed to identify abnormalities contributing to infertility and to retrieve sperm to use with assisted reproductive techniques, such as IVF. In rare cases, other tests to evaluate the quality of the sperm may be performed, such as evaluating a semen specimen for DNA abnormalities.
      Those are going to help the Dr to state the cause of not being able to conceive. And if one is in the hands of a reputable one, he’s sure to be offered the most effective treatment plan afterwards.

02/13/2019 at 08:35
  12. Hi dear! I’m sorry to hear you’re facing this. Actually this is my very first post here on the board. I’m a newbie to the forum, but not to the fertility treatments. To cut long story shot, I might call myself a textbook of treatments. Definitely going to write more about my background a bit later. So while browsing the forum just read your post and thought I cannot just go away without answering. Also sorry for my English, it’s not native language though..The very first thing I’d like to say YES you have all chances to become mom, and to have your kid genetically related to both of you. But the only possible way for you now is to opt for surrogacy. This will compensate the absence of your uterus. The surrogate will carry your baby through IVF. If you’re still producing nice eggs, your dh – perfect swimmers, the repro center may help you combine your genetic material and create beautiful healthy embryos for you. I’d also recommend looking into Ukrainian options mainly for more affordable prices (40-50k euros, all inclusive plans possible, ”guarantees” of money refund in case it doesn’t work etc.) Hope you’ll make the right decision. All the very best.

02/13/2019 at 08:29
Leave a reply