Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Can you be a surrogate mother after menopause?

Can you be a surrogate mother after menopause?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">poe alisha</span>
    poe alisha

Hello, I’m 52 and went thru menopause 4 years ago at 48… I’m perfectly healthy and now i’m considering offering myself as a surrogate because i need some money. Do you think I’m eligible in spite of being postmenopausal? I know it’s complicated, but just wanna know for sure. Thanks!

03/11/2018 at 16:17
  2. Dear poe alisha,

I’m afraid that most surrogacy agencies won’t allow you to be a surrogate. Many agencies don’t accept postmenopausal women who are over the age of 40.

As a matter of fact, becoming pregnant after menopause has a wider range of risks for you and the baby. There have been, however, cases of grandmothers who have given birth to their grandchildren as surrogates, but these are exceptional cases in which surrogacy is done between family members.

I hope this helps,

Best

03/12/2018 at 09:19
  3. I agree with you Sandra, most surrogacy agencies won’t allow Alisha to be a surrogate. Many agencies choose a young and healthy woman. Also, those who are going through treatment of surrogacy prefer young women to be the surrogate mother of their child. As age increases there is a greater risk for both mother and child. But I think so Alisha you should try looking for any family who would be ready to choose you as a surrogate. Hope for the best and take care.

08/29/2018 at 14:13
Leave a reply