Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Chances of pregnancy with asherman syndrome

Chances of pregnancy with asherman syndrome

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">antthony op</span>
    antthony op

Hey, mi wife has been experiencing trouble getting pregnant and we finally decided to visit the doctor. After several exams we got the bad news that she’s got asherman’s syndrome and they said it’s a condition where the walls of the uterus stick to each other… She said “fortunately” she has mild ashermna’s and that her chances of becoming pregnant after surgery are high but we’re tremendously disappointed right now…
    My wife is very afraid of surgical procedures and i don’t want her to do it unless the chances of success are 100 percent. If there’s any chance that we will have to end up using a surrogate we would reconsider surgery and perhaps choose surrogacy as our first choice.
    What’s your opinion?
    Please, we need your support to handle this!!

03/12/2018 at 17:36
  2. Dear antthony op,

Asherman’s syndrome is a condition of the uterus characterized by the presence of uterine adhesions, that is, the walls of the uterus stick to one another, which reduces the space available in the uterine cavity for fetal development. Based on the grade of severity, it can be mild, moderate or severe. It depends basically on the size and extension of the adhesions.

In your particular case, as your doctor explained to you, your wife has a mild type of Asherman’s syndrome. This is the most frequent type of Asherman’s and the chances for surgery to succeed are considerably high in most of the cases. In other words, most women who undergo surgery to treat Asherman become pregnant without problems. But the chances are never going to be 100%. Medical treatments are subject to many factors are guaranteeing 100% success would be like lying to you, honestly.

Now it’s up to you whether you want to give surgery a try, keeping in mind that there’s a minimal failure rate. My advice is that you follow all medical instructions and get as much information as possible about the procedure.

Surrogacy should be used as a last resort. There are many other options to have children before you decide to use a gestational carrier.

Related content: Asherman’s Syndrome – Grading, Symptoms, Causes & Fertility.

I hope I have been to able to help,

Best wishes

03/14/2018 at 14:48
  3. I’m so sorry about your wife. That’s tough. To harvest her eggs they’ll put her on stimulation meds. They are more likely to mix up more with her hormones. Possible pains in ovaries. and many others could be side issues…

If she feels like she isn’t emotionally ready for it, please, wait. Maybe this planned break from treatments will give you more time for comforting. May I ask you, are you satisfied with the way you’ve been treated in your clinic/docs, etc so far? This also plays a crucial role in the whole process. What does your dr say?
    May God help you both always.

10/22/2020 at 13:25
Leave a reply
Other topics related to this forum