Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
How many embryos were transferred to you as a surrogate?

How many embryos were transferred to you as a surrogate?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">margaret335</span>
    margaret335

Hello, this is a question for all surromoms who carried twins/multiples. I also wanted to know how many of you had a single transfer and still got surrotwins or even triplets… It happens, right? I’ve heard about IVF patients who have experienced this, so it’s only logical that it happens with surromoms as well. Did your IPs agree? Or you agreed to opt for selective reduction? What did your contract say? Did it adjust for multiples?I know these are so many questions but I’m beginning my journey as a surromom and still don’t know a thing…

05/13/2018 at 11:05
  2. Dear margaret335,

Thanks for creating this topic. Just to let you know, all contracts in the USA should include a multiples fee, and include a clause stating whether or not you agree to selective reduction (S/R) or not. It a standard procedure.

I hope other women who have been surrogates in the past can share their experience,

Best wishes 🙂

05/14/2018 at 08:30
  3. Hello margaret335!!!! 🙂 Nice to meet you. I’ve been a surrogate multiple times and various cycles failed, but the second time I completed by journey as a surrogate I delivered twins. We transferred 2 and both took, so I delivered twins. Such a wonderful experience, actually! 😀

05/15/2018 at 12:32
    • Hi Emma. I’m new to the process of looking for a surrogate. Did you like the agency you worked with? If so, would you mind providing the agency? My wife and I are new to the process and are looking for reputable agencies. Thanks!

09/21/2020 at 02:03
  4. Hello ladies,

I would suggest that you follow this rule: don’t transfer more embryos than you’re willing to carry if everything works… especially if you are unwilling to do S/R. Transfer one if that’s your case. If you transfer two, you should keep in mind that there are chances for them splitting into quadruplets. On the other hand, if you find it’s okay to carry three, then transferring 2 is ok.

Also it’s important that you and your IPs agree on your viewpoints regarding S/R. Otherwise, you may experience issues once you’re pregnant.

05/16/2018 at 08:36
Leave a reply