Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
How much is a surrogate mother in UK?

How much is a surrogate mother in UK?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">hamel</span>
    hamel

Hello, we’re a childless couple and we need a surrogate due to endometrial sclerosis in my wife. Her sister is offering herself as our surrogate… How much is the procedure here? We are doing it in the UK because we know that there would be no issues with her sister. Thanks

02/12/2018 at 09:32
  2. Dear hamel,

Currently, it is estimated that surrogacy arrangements in the UK cost between £12,000 and £15,000 on average. It is also said that the average compensation to surrogates is £15,000, although it varies on a case-by-case basis. This is considered the average reasonable amount, but what is reasonable on the eyes of the court depends on each case.

Read more: How Does Surrogacy Work in the UK? – Law, Cost & FAQs.

I hope this helps,

Best

02/13/2018 at 13:37
  3. Hamel, her sister may prove best because they have genetically connection. But you should confirm it from doctors in the UK. I hope so they will not deny you. if you want to select her sister then a long procedure of selecting a surrogate should be done via clinical procedures. After confirming her viability, they will choose her. But beware of scammers.

08/26/2018 at 04:42
  4. Hello there, hope you are doing well. Procedure cost varies from case by case. Well, we don’t know yet either she is eligible for surrogacy or not. Currently the estimated cost is between £12,000 and £15,000. The cost also depends on the clinic you are choosing. Good luck

08/29/2018 at 08:40
Leave a reply