Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Is surrogacy legal in all 50 states?

Is surrogacy legal in all 50 states?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">markus</span>
    markus

hi guys, my wife and i are considering having a child via surromom as unfortunately she had to undergo a hysterectomy due to cancer… we’ve been through a lot, felt devastated through the journey, even considered divorce because we knew that we wouldn’t be able to have children but then the surrogacy miracle came into our lives… someone told us about this process and it’s the perfect solution to our problem. We live in carbondale, IL but wouldn’t mind moving temporarily to other state in case it’s necessary. can you help? thnx!!!!

05/10/2018 at 14:25
  2. Dear markus,

There’s no surrogacy law in the US that applies to the country as a whole. Indeed, it varies from state to state. As a matter of fact, we can classify them into the following groups:

1. Surrogacy-friendly states with an explicit law
    2. Surrogacy-friendly states without a law
    3. States where surrogacy is allowed with limitations
    4. States where surrogacy is banned and/or punished

In your case, luckily, Illinois can be included in the first group, along with Arkansas, Florida, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia. To learn more, read: Surrogacy in the USA – Is It Legal in All 50 States?

I hope this helps,

Regards

05/11/2018 at 11:36
  3. Hey, I hope you’re doing well. I am really sorry to hear about your wife’s condition. I am glad you guys didn’t get a divorce because of this. This is the time where the couple has to bound together. Surrogacy has proven to be an amazing procedure. I myself am opting for it. Things that are really important when you opt for the process include a high success rate clinic. The doctors should also be experienced. Once this is confirmed your process will go smoothly. Reliability plays a huge role. For me, financial constraints was an issue as well. Recently I came across a clinic that is operating legally. They also offer packages according to the needs of the individual. This is something that attracted me the most. I will soon be getting in touch with them.

08/08/2018 at 10:55
Leave a reply