Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
How old do you have to be to be a surrogate mother?

How old do you have to be to be a surrogate mother?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">melissa keaton</span>
    melissa keaton

Hello, I’m 19 and already have one baby (got pregnant accidentally with 16 but I decided to continue with the pregnancy). I’ve literally run out of money lately and a friend of mine was a surrogate once. I know I’m very young so i was wondering at what age will i be accepted as a surrogate… I think i’m healthy and very fertile, so I think i may qualify… thank you!!! x

12/08/2017 at 17:25
  2. Dear melissa keaton,

You’re almost there! Most agencies accept candidates from age 21 (that is, when a woman has reached legal age) onwards. This is also requirement for woman who are referred to IVF treatment. If you already have a child, that’s great news because having at least one child of your own is a requirement to become a surrogate.

Check this out: What Is a Surrogate Mother? – Everything You Should Know.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best

12/11/2017 at 10:11
  3. Hello,

I also want to become a surrogate. Where do I have to apply? Agency, Clinic? How does the hiring process work?
    THX

12/20/2019 at 10:00
  4. Hello Liza,

candidates may hand in their application in surrogacy agencies. If you meet all the established prerequisites, you’ll be invited to the agency in order to get yourself physically and mentally tested. Read more about the procedure here: Hiring a surrogate – how does it work?

Hope this helps,

Best of luck

12/20/2019 at 11:27
Leave a reply