Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Positives and Negatives of surrogacy

Positives and Negatives of surrogacy

1. mona12
    mona12

Today I want to share my thoughts about surrogacy. Surrogacy is indeed a blessing. It is helping many families to achieve their dreams. It’s one of the best treatment. It gave a higher success rate. Many countries don’t allow surrogacy. People in those countries are moving to Europe for their treatments. This results in increasing their costs. I wish this issues will be resolved soon. Everyone’s issues of being infertile will be resolved. This is the main issue nowadays. I wish everyone to be happy. Best of luck everyone

08/18/2018 at 18:47
  2. I don’t think surrogacy should be allowed. It’s no human right to reproduce! Why not putting the focus on adoption instead of bringing more children into this world?

10/21/2019 at 11:48
  3. I just wanted to say that putting back 2 or 3 embryos increases the multiple birth occurance. But sometimes it happens one of the embies vanish, so you end up with one only. Still there might be different outcomes in different cases. Also when none of he embies makes home which happens quite often. Our last successful shot they transferred 2 5day blasts. Only one took. Our surrogate gave birth to an adorable baby boy a year ago.

01/07/2020 at 14:04
  4. No lady ever told ivf/surrogacy/any other fertility treatment is a walk in the park. This might turn into a huge emotional rollercoaster. And I agree with the posters above, you have to study surrogacy law carefully considering this or that country. It varies dramatically. We did a huge research time ago on surrogacy as all our previous treatment attempts failed. Finally I was told straight I couldn’t count on carrying a healthy pregnancy, so would need a surro to carry my LO for me. I was broken. Needed some time to recover mentally. Then our research started with the UK options and here what amazed me. Although having a baby by surrogate in the UK is legal, the lack of detailed legislation around the issue means it can get complicated.The woman who gives birth is always treated as the mother in UK law. She has the right to keep the child – even if they’re not genetically related. However, parenthood can be transferred by parental order or adoption. Surrogacy contracts aren’t enforced by UK law. This is so even if you’ve a signed deal with your surrogate and have paid for her expenses. Besides the child’s legal father or ‘second parent’ will be the surrogate’s husband or partner. Unless a couple of things actually. Then you must apply for a parental order if you want to become the legal parent of the child. In order to do this you must be genetically related to a child. You and your partner must also have the child living with you and reside permanently in either the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. You can’t apply for a parental order if you’re single! If neither you or your partner are related to the child, or you’re single, adoption is the only way you can become the child’s legal parent which might be yet another complication. All these things considered we went on with further research and stopped at the US surrogacy options..

01/07/2020 at 14:11
  5. Adding. So we looked onto the US options and found out the following. Surrogacy there remains unregulated at the federal level. Each state has its own laws or not.The individual state laws vary widely even between states that are considered surrogacy friendly! Some states facilitate surrogacy and surrogacy contracts. Others refuse to enforce them. Some penalize commercial surrogacy. For legal purposes, key factors are: Where the contract is completed. Where the surrogate mother resides. Where the birth takes place. Therefore individuals living in a non-friendly state can still benefit from the policies of surrogacy friendly states. They may work with a surrogate who lives and will give birth in a friendly state. To crown it all, we found the process to be overwhelmingly expensive –up to $150k. (Unless you have a kind family member or a friend willing to carry the baby for you.) If things go wrong, for example a surrogate backing out. Or unfortunate situations like a miscarriage you have to pay at least $5k to match with another surrogate. (Doing her health workup through the agency.) It just seemed that there were so many costs that could be added at any time. What also bothered was that in some states, surrogate mothers retain a parental right to the child and can even pursue custody. Even though the embryos placed in the surrogate have both of your DNA, the surrogate mothers name is on the birth certificate. Then you have to go through the process of adopting the baby in court. But the biggest factor though was time. All of the legal paperwork, signing a contract, matching a surrogate, having the surrogate go through the work-up, – its been a year or two since you STARTED the process. Having already put in long years we didn’t want to wait for an indefinite amount of time again. Started looking onto Eastern European options. Stopped at Ukraine. Found much better options there. Feel free to ask if got interested.

01/07/2020 at 15:54
Leave a reply