Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Relationship with surrogate mother

Relationship with surrogate mother

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Mike Forbes</span>
    Mike Forbes

Hello! I’m on the process to become a single dad through surrogacy… I’m currently taking the first steps (talking with my agency staff) but I’m really excited! I live in the USA…
    I need an egg donor of course, but the embryos will be created using my sperm. But I’m really confused because I’m not sure if I will be able to choose my surrogate. Can I choose her out of a pool of surrogates and then get to know her in person? I’d like to become friends with her… Thnx!

01/29/2018 at 15:36
  2. Dear Mike,

If you’re doing it in the USA, then you should not worry about this. Agencies in the USA actually try to promote a close relationship between the surrogate and the intended parents. In fact, it helps make the process easier for both parties. You will be able to choose her, but she has to choose you, too. Only if both parties agree, you will be able to sign the contract and get started.

I hope this helps,

Best

01/30/2018 at 17:05
  3. Hello Mike,
    This is good that you are thinking of fatherhood. I wish you the best of luck for your journey. I am also going through surrogacy in a wonderful clinic and they have proved very helpful so far. I think you should be assisted by the agency you are choosing and that is not something to fret over because they have so many profiles and can send you the ones which match your requirements. I was also having similar questions and thoughts before I embarked on the journey but now everything is going along very smoothly. Our agency offered us several options and we singled out the one we felt was the best. I think you will also go through the same because it is the popular way. I am now looking forward to meet our surrogate mother in a couple of weeks. I just don’t know what to expect and how to proceed with the meeting but I completely trust my clinic and I hope they will be able to help me.

08/19/2018 at 15:12
  4. This is really great, I pray that you have a successful journey. You are thinking too much you definitely would be able to choose the best surrogate for your child. You seem to be a very good person the surrogate would also be okay to work for you. In these cases agreement between both parties matter. It will not be only your decision. Don’t take stress all will be fine. Hoping you found the best surrogate and have a blessed journey.

08/29/2018 at 14:34
Leave a reply
Other topics related to this forum