we were about to start the first IVF cycle with our surrogate. But we don’t know if we still should continue with surrogacy in the face of the current situation. I don’t know if the corona virus would present any risk on our surrogate and our future baby. We are very concerned if the situation gets worse and we all end up infected.
Any advice would be appreciated!!03/19/2020 at 19:00
I so get you. Our surrogate is 3rd months pregnant and we’re highly worried if she will get infected and our baby will suffer long-term complications.
Our doctor told us not to worry as there haven’t been cases in which infected mothers passed the corona virus on to their babies. But still, there is yet so little known about the corona virus so I don’t really know whom to trust! so many contradicting information out there.
We’re feeling so helpless right now. We can’t do anything except wait to see what’ll happens and to trust our doctor on this.
warm hugs03/21/2020 at 14:06
Cheyenne, we got our ivf cycle with our surrogate cancelled as she would have had to take immune-suppressing steroids which is dangerous right now.
I suppose your clinic will cancel your treatment, too. Would be the most sensible thing to do right now. Let’s pray that the crisis will soon be over.
Hugs to all of you!!03/23/2020 at 14:50
if you’re in the U.S. most clinic continue with fertility treatments, that means they will complete already started cycles. However, they won’t initiate new IVF cycles. We do not recommend to start any kind of fertility treatments right now, either as nobody knows how the situation will develop in the future.
For already pregnant mothers or surrogates, there is no need to worry. Studies have shown that infected mother do not pass the corona virus on to the babies. This means that the virus was not found neither in amniotic fluid, umbilical cord nor in the breast milk.
Wish you all the best!03/23/2020 at 14:57
Other topics related to this forum