Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
What has more advantages, surrogacy or adoption?

What has more advantages, surrogacy or adoption?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">parental project</span>
    parental project

Heello there! we’re a couple from Pasadena but unfortunately we can’t have children – I don’t have a womb!!! πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™
    We married a few years ago and have discussed this many times. We have searched for info on adoption and the process is so long… On the other hand surrogacy would allow us to be the biological parents, which would make us utterly happy! But on the other hand we’re aware of how unethical it can be… So we’re kinda lost πŸ™ Can someone help?

04/14/2018 at 13:12
  2. Hello parental project,

None is better than the other. It depends on your personal opinion. For some, adoption means giving a child the opportunity to grow with a caring and loving family in spite of not being genetically linked to them. For others, surrogacy goes beyond adoption because it gives the intended parents the opportunity to be genetically related to the baby.

I hope this helps,

Best

04/16/2018 at 09:03
  3. Hi, I hope you are doing good now. Oh, that is really sad. Not being able to give birth is the worst reality one could hear. I’m glad that you had accepted the reality and are moving forward. If we compare adoption and surrogacy then no doubt surrogacy is the best option. Adoption is a long difficult process and the bad part is that the child won’t be your biological child. If you want to be the biological parents of your child then don’t think about any other procedure except surrogacy. Surrogacy is a blessing. It is an only successful way so far that can help you have your own child. It does not have any side effects. Wish you all the best.

08/18/2018 at 12:10
  4. One thing that I have realized over the time is that there are a lot of misconceptions about various things. Initially, I always thought that adoption would cost me much less as compared to surrogacy. However, once I started researching I realized that it was untrue. If you even opted for traditional adoption it would cost you approximately the same or be expensive. However, it really depends on the country and the clinic you visit for adoption and surrogacy. I, for example, went to a clinic which offered me packages. So I went forward with the standard package which cost me approximately 39 to 40k euros. Whereas, adoption in my area was also being done at the same price. So that was really astonishing. I then researched and realized that more lengthy procedures. Adoption was lengthy in the sense that there was a lot of paperwork involved. Whereas surrogacy was a step by step process. I, in the end, went with surrogacy. Mainly because I wanted to have a genetically linked child. Good luck to you.

08/19/2018 at 07:58
  5. Catholics are more likely to say that surrogacy promotes the exploitation of women and infertile couples and the dehumanization of babies. In short, it traffics for profit in human lives. I truly cannot agree with it, that is the inner part of me thinks differently!
    Fortunately, hiring surrogates and purchasing sperm, eggs, or others’ leftover frozen embryos, have become accepted as choices on a menu of options. This is so called right of those who can afford it. This is all about the creation of a third, autonomous human being!! My husband and I tried naturally over a year with no luck. Then met with my OB-GYN pap results were good and made the decision to see a doctor at a fertility clinic. Ultrasound and blood work was not bad and did the HSG too . On the basis of these results and due to the doctor’s findings the best route was to do IVF. My husband and I called a couple of IVF centers in our area that our doctor gave us. but each IVF consultation was over $300!! and pricing started at $10k!! We honestly did not have any close family or friends that have gone through IVF and thought going on different fertility boards would be a great place to start to get some options from other people going through the same thing. We were also willing to do this outside CA since we figured it might be affordable.

09/13/2019 at 08:24
Leave a reply