Information Magazine about Adoption, Complex Cases of Fertility & Surrogacy
Where is surrogacy legal?

Where is surrogacy legal?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Oskar2018</span>
    Oskar2018

Hello, my girlfriend and I are marrying in September 2018 and we want to get information about our possibilities with surrogacy because we want to have a child soon after getting married. We’ve undergone many tests and surrogacy is our only chance to have a biological child. Thanks

05/31/2018 at 10:38
  2. Hello Oskar2018,

First of all, let me wish you the best of lucks and congratulations for your upcoming marriage! 🙂

On the other hand, we have created a post with all the countries that allow surrogacy for international intended parents like you: International Surrogacy – Laws & Options for Surrogacy Abroad. There you can get the details of all the options you have at your disposal.

I hope this helps,

Best

06/01/2018 at 08:43
  3. I think this is one of the bittersweet realities about surrogacy. It isn’t legal everywhere! So you have to travel to a different country if you want this process to work. I was personally not aware of this until a few months back. The first step when opting for surrogacy is that you should extensively research. Make sure you read the laws and regulation. So the countries in which it is legal include, USA, Ukraine, a lot of other eastern Europe countries and even India but I think India recently passed a law according to which foreigners are no longer allowed to go there for the process. However, the majority of the world imposes restrictions on the process. This is quite sad because surrogacy has enabled so many infertile couples to conceive. Being able to fight through infertility is everyone’s dream. I hope I was able to help you out. Good luck to all those opting for the process. I hope everything goes well. Just stay patient while you’re on the process. Sending baby dust.

08/18/2018 at 09:20
  4. Hey there.
    I hope you are doing fine. Surrogacy is one of the best treatments if you are infertile. I was infertile because I found out that I had a pelvis inflammatory disease and because of that I could never get pregnant. My husband and I were beyond devastated. We went for surrogacy. The procedure is worth it. Just stay positive. We had to go to Europe to hire a surrogate mother. Surrogacy is the best thing to have happened to me.

08/21/2018 at 12:10
  5. Congrats dear for your upcoming wedding! There are many countries where surrogacy is allowed. It is also legal in India. But, the success rate matters a lot for all this. Another thing, which is the worst is, there are many clinics which are scamming and wasting the time and money of the people. You must be aware of these clinics. Overall, surrogacy is a blessed procedure for infertile and homosexual couples. Wishing you good luck for your future life. Stay blessed.

08/26/2018 at 11:24
  6. Congratulations to you guys. Sorry to hear about your infertility though. It really depends you know. there are some countries where surrogacy is banned. But there are some places where it is legal. You can google the countries where surrogacy is legal. You also want to find the ones that are affordable. Because surrogacy tends to get very expensive in countries like the USA.

08/29/2018 at 19:01
  7. I know that Russia, Greece and Georgia are ok with commercial surrogacy. Previously Ukraine conducted a surrogacy service also. But nearly 2 months ago the government of Ukraine decided to adopt a new law according to the surrogacy process. Thus one of the Ukrainian clinics denied our request on surrogacy.

But there was some luck in this misfortune. We found a perfect place in Greece. Moreover, the surrogacy law there is really loyal. Yes, the cost is higher. But I must say that Greece has quite better medicine than Ukraine.

09/06/2018 at 12:07
  8. It is legal in many countries. But where i live there it is not legal.
    I am also TTC from last 10 years but i can’t conceive. There is no reason behind this. No one knows the reason behind my infertility. Even the doctors can’t figure out the reason behind this. So we have decided to go for surrogacy now. So we have to fly to a country where it is legal.

09/28/2018 at 10:31
  9. I also have to say the same. It’s legal in many countries. In some of them it’s less legal but it can be performed as well. In any case, you have to take into account your personal conveniences and preferences. I mean if you have enough money and don’t intent to spend 10 hours by plane and you’re living in the US you can find surrogacy clinic within your country. However, I have to admit sometimes people form the US fly abroad to Europe because they can find more affordable options there.
    In brief, as far I’m aware surrogacy is allowed in Greece, in Georgia and Ukraine. I personally know more than 10 couples who had their treatment in Ukraine. It’s quite a popular destination for having surrogacy now.
    It’s also legal in some countries. But there’s no a specific law regulating this process in there.
    I know India was very celebrated as a country allowing such programs. But unfortunately, it closed down all the treatment for foreigners. As I know it let other countries open their offers for people who look for it.

03/02/2019 at 22:53
Leave a reply